Rulla Nehme joined Independence Financial Partners in 2001. In her practice as a Partner at the firm, she strives to be the trusted financial planner of choice for small to large size business, medical and other professionals, high net worth families and individuals, and those approaching retirement.
Always motivated by a challenge, Rulla brings a sharp mind, wisdom and compassion to planning engagements. Her financial intelligence and deep industry knowledge combined with exceptional communication skills—in multiple languages—and a deep level of emotional understanding give her an exceptional ability to relate with people and share her knowledge effectively.
An avid student of different cultures and languages, she believes in the importance of learning about people’s backgrounds, perspectives, and preferences, in addition to their goals. Rulla focuses on independent and objective strategies, motivating others to accomplish their most important objectives, while growing and protecting their assets. Her honesty, extensive experience, and professionalism provide her clients the confidence in knowing that they are making informed decisions regarding their personal and business financial management.
Rulla holds a BA in Economics with a minor in Spanish from Clark University as well as the CFP®, ChFC®, CASL® professional designations from The American College.
A resident of Rhode Island, Rulla and her husband Brian, a top foot and ankle surgeon, are the parents of two young children. Beyond traveling with her family and spending time with friends, Rulla’s interests outside the office range from alpine skiing and boating to fashion and interior design.
- Investments & Asset Allocation
- Retirement Strategies
- Estate Planning Strategies
- Business Strategies—Executive Benefits, 401(k) and other Qualified Plans
- Wealth Distribution
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance and Strategies
- College Savings Plans
Charitable and Civic Organizations
- Bradley Hospital Board of Governors
- Mercymount Country Day School Planned Giving Committee
- Clark University Alumni Association
- Classical High School Alumni Association
- Life and Qualifying Member of MDRT (Million Dollar Round Table), a premier industry association of financial professionals worldwide
- Qualified for the ACE Award 14 times, one of the highest honors that former Signator bestowed on financial professionals within the national network. ACE stands for "Achieving Client Excellence"
- Inducted into the Signator ACE Inner Circle in 2015 and the ACE Club in 2010
- 2007 Independence Financial Partners Advisor of the Year
- Providence Business News 2015 - 40 Under Forty Honoree
- Special appearance on WJAR Ch.10 Morning Sunrise with Frank Coletta to report on “Women and Finance”
* The Achieving Client Excellence Award (ACE) was granted by former broker-dealer Signator Investors, Inc. and the John Hancock family of companies. The ACE award is granted to the top 250 advisors each year based on total weighted premium from the sale of both proprietary and non-proprietary preservation and wealth products. No other factors are considered.
*Qualifying membership in the MDRT is based on minimum commission and gross business generated within a year and is not based upon performance or returns experienced by any client, or opinions of the advisor's clients or former clients. Each MDRT status designation is granted for one year only. All members must apply every year to continue their affiliation with the Million Dollar Round Table.
Third-party rankings and recognitions are no guarantee of future investment success and do not ensure that a client or prospective client will experience a higher level of performance or results. These ratings should not be construed as an endorsement of the advisor by any client nor are they representative of any one client’s evaluation.